Have you ever walked into a Portland coffee shop, looked at the coffee shop menu, and said to yourself that there’s nothing to eat here?
Well, when you come to Symphony Coffeehouse (don’t bother Googling “coffee shop near me” if you’re in Beaverton, Oregon – just go straight to us!), we promise you won’t go hungry! Our coffee shop dine-in menu has a lot of different options to fill your tummy.
And of course, probably our best offering is our paninis! They’re made fresh always and are served with a side salad and chips. If you’re looking for a gluten-free option, that’s available as well.
And the best part?
These paninis go well with our coffee! And we bet they’re one of the best you’ll ever try as well. They’re so good, you might even start referring to Symphony Coffeehouse as not just one of the best Beaverton coffee shops, but the best coffee shop ever as soon as you taste one.
But let’s not get ahead of ourselves! Let’s first take a look at our panini offerings and our coffee recommendations for each one.
Without further ado, let’s get started, yes?
What’s a panini?
So first things first. You might be wondering what in the world a panini is.
Well, a panini is a type of grilled sandwich made using Italian bread. Usually, that particular Italian bread is ciabatta, but you can also use focaccia or baguette. The sandwich is usually composed of meats, cheeses, vegetables, and anything else that the sandwich maker wants to include.
And if you’re thinking that you see them usually grilled, you’re right! But what you may not know is that their being grilled is not necessary. They do end up being crispy and crunchy.
Why use these particular Italian types of bread? That’s because they’re dense enough to be grilled and maintain their shape without any mushiness or deformation.
If you’re going the usual route of grilling a panini, it’s best to brush the outside of the bread with extra virgin olive oil. Then when you grill, use a panini press to achieve the best results. Check out all the coffee shops in Beaverton, Oregon that serve paninis – they do the same thing.
And of course, the result is one delicious sandwich! Yum!
Well, the bigger question is, why NOT paninis? After all, this sandwich is customizable with whatever ingredient you want to put in. For example, if you don’t want exotic Italian meat, you can put in chicken instead.
You can also make it healthier by adding your choice of vegetables.
The bread choice makes it really filling. Plus, it’s easy to make, so it’s definitely for the hungry person who’s rushing to grab a good bite to eat.
And people love paninis everywhere – did you know that there’s a Panini Day?
So again… why NOT paninis?
Delicious pairings to try
On our menu, we have four delicious paninis for you to try. But what’s the best kind of coffee to go with each?
Let’s explore possibilities!
1. Grilled Cheese Panini
Out of all the sandwiches in the world, there’s none more basic and more satisfying than a grilled cheese sandwich. And if it’s a grilled cheese panini, it’s even better! This savory snack is a favorite among Americans – according to a 2019 survey, it’s the country’ favorite!
What to drink with a grilled cheese panini, you ask? Well…
- If you want to fully savor the taste of bread and cheese without diluting the flavor, we suggest going for an Americano. You get a taste of rich black coffee with less bite, and nothing to distract you from the delicious flavor of your sandwich.
- If you’re eating the grilled cheese panini for comfort, try pairing it with a latte, a very soothing coffee drink. You can also customize the latte by adding more sugar – a contrast to the savory sandwich.
- Get a cold brew if you’re eating the grilled cheese sandwich as a snack. We usually associate cold drinks with snacks, after all!
2. Turkey Panini
A turkey panini is usually light, refreshing and of course, delicious. And because of that, you can try it out with these coffee pairings:
- A cappuccino. After all, you’re eating something light and refreshing. Pair it with something that contrasts – an indulgent and comforting drink with a thick top.
- Speaking of contrast, you can also try pairing this with an espresso shot. Light food plus a strong drink? Take our money!
- You can also go the other route and pair the turkey panini with a decaf, so you end up with light food and a drink that’s light on the caffeine. This is a good combination if you’re ending the day and just want to relax.
3. Barbecue Chicken Panini
This sandwich is both sweet and savory and can remind you of the summer season. It’s a great sandwich for lunch or dinner.
Now, what are the drink options to pair it with?
- One of our recommendations for this would still be cold brew. After all, if you eat this kind of sandwich, particularly in the summer and it gets hot, then cold brew would be perfect to drink, right? You get a good kick plus the refreshing cold.
- Do you know another thing that reminds us of summer? Milk. That means you should also try pairing this with a cortado!
- Finally, a barbecue chicken panini can be kind of indulgent, so why not pair it with a cappuccino, another indulgent drink?
4. Caprese Panini
The Caprese panini is a sandwich for those who don’t eat meat. It’s very fresh and is perfect for picnics.
Here are our recommendations for coffee pairings:
- Again, cold brew! Hey, just pairing freshness with refreshments.
- The simple drip coffee for a contrast of tastes – you’ll be pairing a fresh taste with the slightly bitter but still delicious coffee.
- A mocha, to contrast the sweetness of your coffee with the fresh Caprese panini. You can never go wrong with contrasting flavors, we promise!
For coffee shops in Beaverton, OR, go to Symphony Coffeehouse!
We hope you enjoyed this blog post about our panini sandwiches and what to pair them with. Again, if you’re in the Beaverton area and you’re looking for some Beaverton coffee, there’s no need to Google “coffee house near me”. Just go to Symphony Coffeehouse!
Symphony Coffeehouse is a family-owned coffee shop. Come here and you’ll get to drink Thornton Coffee and eat delicious pastries, as well as fresh meals such as the aforementioned paninis, waffles, quiches, and more!
Stop by any day of the week to try the delicious foods or simply sip on a flavorful drink, whether you plan to stay long or just want to order takeout. We’re located at 16155 NW Cornell Rd Suite 500, Beaverton, OR.
Our hours are 7 in the morning up to 5 in the afternoon from Monday to Saturday. On Sunday, we open at 8 AM and close at 4 PM. For any inquiries, feel free to call us at (971) 910-7191.
We look forward to seeing you soon and serving you one of our coffee and panini combos!